Partnering with local nonprofit organizations to build sustainability, and a legacy.
We work to build a better future for everyone – including the many nonprofit organizations that call the Space Coast home. We’re dedicated to the nonprofit community’s long-term success, which is why we provide services to help the sector learn, grow, and thrive. Establishing a Nonprofit Endowment Fund with us is a simple and efficient way to build an ongoing source of income for your charitable organization.
We offer two types of funds for nonprofits:
- Nonprofit Endowment Fund – Your organization establishes an endowment fund with the Community Foundation in perpetuity. An annual payout based on the Community Foundation’s spending policy is designated to your nonprofit. This option is best for organizations that want to assure donors that the endowment’s principal will remain intact or honor their specific intentions.
- Designated Fund – Unlike the fund above which is created by a nonprofit organization, a Designated Fund is created by an individual donor to benefit a charity or charities. When setting up the fund the donor decides when and how much is granted to the charity or charities.
Why partner with the Community Foundation for Brevard?
Since 1981 we have been managing philanthropy for individuals, businesses, families, and nonprofits in Brevard County. Currently, the Foundation holds endowments for over 30 nonprofits who are able to take advantage of the following services:
- Investment & Planned Giving Expertise – Because our investment dollars are pooled, we have access to opportunities, expertise, and rates not available to smaller investors. Donors are often reassured by the Foundation’s oversight of their philanthropic gift.
- Relief from Administrative Burdens – We handle all accounting, reporting and legal requirements so your staff and board can focus on the mission of your organization. Fund statements are provided semi-annually or upon request.
- Recognition – Your nonprofit fund will be listed on our website and other marketing materials.
- Ability to Accept Complex Gifts – Our professional staff supports your organization and your donors by facilitating complex gifts such as stock, bequests, retirement funds, life insurance, real estate and other assets.
- Facilitates Planned Giving Discussion with Donors – We are happy to assist you with donor discussions.
View or Give to Our Nonprofit Endowment Funds
- Aging Matters In Brevard Endowment Fund
- Brevard Achievement Center Endowment Fund
- Brevard Family Partnership Foundation Fund
- Brevard Humane Society Endowment Fund
- Brevard Zoo Endowment Fund
- Bridges Endowment Fund
- Candlelighters of Brevard Endowment Fund
- Central Brevard Sharing Center Endowment Fund
- The Children’s Hunger Project Endowment Fund
- Club Esteem Endowment Fund
- Daily Bread Endowment Fund
- Danny Craig Foundation Fund
- Family Promise of Brevard Endowment Fund
- Florida Wildlife Hospital & Sanctuary Endowment Fund
- Habitat for Humanity of Brevard Endowment Fund
- The Haven for Children Endowment Fund
- Joan R. Borders Rolling Readers of the Space Coast Endowment Fund
- Junior Achievement of the Space Coast Endowment Fund
- Keep Brevard Beautiful Endowment Fund
- LEAD Brevard Foundation Fund
- Love INC of Brevard Endowment Fund
- Marine Resources Council Endowment Fund
- Melbourne Chamber Music Society Endowment Fund
- Neighbor Up Brevard Fund
- New Life Mission Endowment Fund (formerly Brevard Rescue Mission)
- Preeclampsia Foundation Fund
- Promise in Brevard Endowment Fund
- Sea Turtle Conservancy Fund
- Serene Harbor Endowment Fund
- Space Coast Discovery Endowment Fund
- Titusville Playhouse Endowment Fund