Attorneys, wealth managers and accountants are often the first people consulted when a person is ready to think about philanthropy. The Community Foundation recognizes that trusted professional advisors are a valuable source of information and counsel on strategies for both lifetime and legacy giving. We help advisors identify the best solutions for clients, from establishing a charitable fund or transferring a private foundation, to providing strategic counsel or back office support, to integrating philanthropy into an estate plan.
Our strong track record, experienced staff and extensive resources make us an ideal partner for gift planning. And our long-term financial and investment history ensures that donors and advisors alike can trust our fiscal stewardship of their charitable visions.
Benefits to you include:
- Remaining your clients’ trusted advisor throughout the process.
- We will assist you in ensuring your clients receive maximum tax benefits while giving back meaningfully to the causes they care about most.
- Sharing our in-depth knowledge of the issues and nonprofits of the region with you and your client.
- The ability to accept a wide range of gifts from cash and marketable securities; to restricted stock and closely held businesses, including partnerships and LLC interests; to real estate and life insurance.
What does the Community Foundation mean for your clients?
- We offer the option for clients to remain with their own investment manager or join one of the Community Foundation portfolios.
- Simplifying charitable giving and tax reporting.
- Eliminating the paperwork, administration, and expense of a private foundation
- No minimum annual payout requirements.
- Confidential gift planning (may be anonymous, if desired).
- Engagement and educational events with like-minded philanthropists.
- Long-term stewardship of donors’ charitable funds and rigorous adherence to donors’ wishes.
Simply put, we are stronger together. Our charitable solutions let your clients simplify and consolidate their charitable giving, take advantage of tax-saving opportunities, and ultimately do more to support the causes and organizations they value locally and nationally.
Assets We Accept
Advisor Tools & Resources
Current Charitable Advisor Partners
Keep Up with Your Foundation
As your local giving partner, we are committed to providing you with current information and resources related to philanthropy and charitable giving, as well as sharing inspiring stories of impact and legacy made possible through the partnership between advisors, donors, and the Community Foundation.