Nancy Baur Dillen Art Teacher Scholarship
We are currently assessing the situation at Arrowmont due to the catastrophic forest fires in the Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. Applicants are encouraged to apply and we will be in touch should any changes to the scholarship process or timeline occur.
PURPOSE: Nancy Baur Dillen, artist and retired Eastern Florida State College Art Professor, dreamed of broadening opportunities for art teachers to share, develop and grow – as artists and as teachers, influencing and inspiring the skills, creativity, techniques of budding young artists. She and her husband, Rick, brought the vision to life in 2015 by establishing the Nancy Baur Dillen Art Teacher Scholarship.
THE SCHOOL: Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts is a national art education center, offering workshops for the beginner to advanced artist, taught by national and international practicing studio artists and university faculty. It has been described as magical, life-changing, inspiring, invigorating and more. Students work and learn in professionally equipped studios on a 14-acre residential campus in Gatlinburg, TN. Workshops and classes are offered in ceramics, fiber, metals/jewelry, painting, drawing, photography, warm glass, woodturning, woodworking, mixed media, books and paper. Visit Arrowmont.org to learn more and explore its catalog (to be updated for 2017 by December 1, 2016).
THE SCHOLARSHIPS: Up to five art educators employed by Brevard County Public Schools will be selected to receive scholarships to attend weeklong workshops at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts during the summer of 2017. Scholarship recipients must be willing to stay on campus for the full learning experience.
SELECTION CRITERIA: The review committee will give priority to full-time art teachers and to applicants selected as alternates in prior years. Selection will consider school distribution of applicants, prior art professional development experiences, learning and growth goals from the experience, and how the applicant plans to apply the learning to his or her classroom instruction.
- Applicants may select any course at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts and in any medium offered. Class sizes are small; thus, applicants are asked to list, in priority, three course selections in the event the selected course is no longer available.
- The award will be paid directly to Arrowmont School and covers the cost of the course selected, on-campus lodging and all meals during the course, art supplies, and lab fees for the award recipient(s), only.
- The award does NOT include travel, lodging, or meals en route to or from the facility. All travel arrangements are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient.
- Recipient must complete the full course and receive a certificate.
- Recipient must stay in on-campus housing during the workshop to benefit from the full experience.
- Recipient must apply for re-certification credits towards their Florida Teaching Certificate.
Learn about the 2016 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
EASY TO APPLY! Click here to download the Nancy Baur Dillen Art Teacher Scholarship Application. Submit completed application and attachments to email@example.com.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact Theresa Grimison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-752-5505
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, January 9, 2017
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: No later than Friday, January 27, 2017