Endow Brevard’s Future
Endow a cause you care deeply about. How? Learn more below.
It is easy to participate!
To be part of Endowing Brevard’s Future, you can make a gift to an existing endowment fund of the Community Foundation for Brevard OR you can set up your own endowment fund in your name or any other name you choose and benefiting any cause or interest you care about.
Click a heading below to jump to that section:
The Community Foundation has many existing endowment funds benefiting deserving agencies and causes from which to choose. Some of the endowment funds benefit a specific agency. These are generally called Agency Endowment Funds. Other endowment funds are called Field of Interest Funds, meaning the annual grant awards are made to organizations addressing a specific community need or interest. See the list of options below:
Agency Endowment Funds (benefiting named organizations)
- Aging Matters in Brevard
- Brevard Achievement Center
- Brevard Family Partnership
- Brevard Humane Society
- Brevard Neighborhood Development Coalition (BNDC)
- Brevard Rescue Mission
- Brevard Zoo
- Bridges Foundation
- Cancer Care Centers of Brevard Foundation
- Candlelighters of Brevard, Inc.
- Central Brevard Sharing Center
- Club Esteem, Inc.
- Daily Bread
- Florida Wildlife Hospital & Sanctuary
- Gilchrist Educational Foundation
- Junior Achievement Space Coast
- Keep Brevard Beautiful (KBB)
- LEAD Brevard, Inc.
- Love INC of Brevard
- Melbourne Central Catholic High School Scholarship Fund
- Preeclampsia Foundation
- Rolling Readers Space Coast
- Sea Turtle Conservancy
- Serene Harbor, Inc.
- Space Coast Early Intervention Center
- The Haven for Children
- Zonta Club of Melbourne
Field of Interest Funds (benefiting specific interests and causes)
- Animal Welfare (domestic)
- Arts & Culture
- Medical Research for Cause & Cure of Pervasive Diseases
- Youth Recreation & Camps
- Or name a new area of interest!
Click here: Make A DONATION To An Existing Fund!
With a minimum charitable gift of $10,000, you can establish a charitable endowment fund to benefit any community interest or cause you care about. The Fund will bear the name you give it, such as a family name. The gift is invested and a portion of the investment is awarded every year as Grants in the name of your Fund to causes or organizations you choose – FOREVER. There are several TYPES of Funds. The TYPE of fund is based on your philanthropic goals. Click here to see the Types of Funds. You can also set up a scholarship fund with a minimum gift of $50,000.
Creating your named endowment fund is easy. We meet with you to identify what you want to do or accomplish with the Fund. Your goals are converted into an agreement, which forever guides the stewardship of the endowment fund and its grant and/or scholarship awards.
How to make a gift:
There are several ways to make a gift. Your gifts are tax deductible charitable contributions to the full extent of the law. While we always recommend that you talk to your professional advisor(s) for the strategy that works best for your needs, here are some options to consider:
Options for Lifetime Charitable Gifts:
Make a single gift or build on an endowment fund with an annual tax deductible charitable gift.
- Check made payable to the Community Foundation for Brevard
- Transfer an asset (appreciated stocks or other investment, property) to the Community Foundation for Brevard
Options for making after-life gifts:
- Name the Community Foundation for Brevard in your Will as one of your beneficiaries
- Name the Community Foundation for Brevard in an investment account, retirement account, or life insurance policy as one of your beneficiaries
- Specify an after-life Transfer of an investment or retirement account to the Community Foundation for Brevard
You can also add the name of an Agency or Other Endowment Fund in your Will or, even better, talk to us to put an Agreement in place that becomes activated when the bequest is fulfilled. We always recommend having an Agreement in place that articulates your specific intentions. Additionally, if you want to make any changes, you can make changes in the Agreement without cost. There is no cost or fee to create or change an Agreement.
Need more info?
For more options, information, or questions call us at 321-752-5505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Endowing Brevard’s Future.