History

In 1981, W. G. “Doc” Strawbridge introduced the concept of a Chamber Foundation as Executive V.P. of the Melbourne Area Chamber of Commerce. The Board approved and created the Chamber Foundation. It later became the Community Foundation of Brevard (CFB) in 1983. Doc was a member of the Board of Directors of the CFB and chaired the formation of The Legacy Society. Doc established a fund for his personal donations to benefit his preferred charities. In doing so he assured that his adopted home of Brevard County would benefit in perpetuity.

 

Today, the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation for Brevard continues to pay tribute to W. G. “Doc” Strawbridge (1926 – 1996) through its everlasting service and stewardship to its donors and Brevard County.

 

primary_flame